Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Sweet Pea Project

Stephanie Cole, who I've mentioned here before, is the founder of The Sweet Pea Project and Beauty In the Breakdown, and author of Still.  She writes sweet, soulful, and honest poetry about her daughter Madeline. 

Her Madeline was born sleeping, like my Sophie.  And, coming up on Madeline's fourth birthday, Stephanie has decided to take part in Imago.  We've written recently and discussed the release that pausing for creativity allows.  The tension of grief can begin to build, no matter where you are in the grieving process.  At the beginning, it seems to come daily.  Later on, as the seasons turn.  While I am sure the pain is part of our amazing human nature and the body's way of remembering, I also believe that the creations that spring forth from those depths are integral to the living process.

Please check Stephanie's blog to read her poetry and for a very complete list of resources for grieving parents. 

Also, of course, both she and I would be honored to post October poetry on our sites, for anyone who feels inclined to share.  Please make this project your own.

As always,
Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for mentioning me and Sweet Pea Project! I am honored to be able to participate in your Imago Project, and have found it to be the answer to the problem I've been struggling with lately: no time to create. The assignment of your project forces me to make the time, and I am loving it. Thank you so much for creating this sacred space, and for being such a beautiful mother.
    peace
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete