Friday, September 24, 2010

"A Heart's Canvas" by Marce Weibel

Early morning, late night,
        I cry to understand the loss.
Fear and pain wash over me.
        Drowning, I scream and gasp!
       
        Grief is not a quiet thing.
                Raging
                Panicked
                Incomprehensible
Shredding all I’ve known to be true.
               Grueling
               Hopeless
               Forlorn
Ceasing for a moment, only to return.
      
Each reassurance peeling away,
        Layers of darkness from the heart’s canvas.
Stripping away the shadows of
        Abuse
        Hurt
        Betrayal
Trusting nature to cleanse my soul.
Painting life anew, with vibrant appreciation,
        Oneself, an artist yet to be.
                                                                          Marce 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment