Thursday, September 30, 2010

"You Win" by Marce Weibel

    You win – I surrender!
    Broken hearted and battle scared.
    Waiting, patiently waiting, for you to trust,
    Only to find it’s an elusive shadow.

   
    After all the stops and starts,
    We keep coming back to here, the edge of nowhere.
    Eyes, weeping eyes
    Who do you think you are fooling?

  
       If I only could turn back time,
    Maybe I would find a way.
    No matter though – you’d never let me inside.
    Insignificant am I.

  
       Your familiar silence, a weapon of disregard,
    Always brushing me aside.
    A wounding weapon – BANG!  BANG!
    You’ve shot me down.

  
       Through the saddening pain,
    So profound the ache,
    Flickering clarity emerges – an unfortunate truth.
 My heart cannot take anymore coats of paint.

  
       A sacred chant of knowing,
    Whispering – Denial is being vanquished.
    I’ll allow myself the freedom,
    To complete this journey.

    
       No longer do I need to endure.
    Strong and courageous, I’m proven to be.
    When all is said and done – you’ll be the lonely one.
    I surrender – You win!
                                                                                                     (Marce 12/09)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment